Dr. ALEXANDER ORLOV, FRSC (B.E./M.S.E.,
M.S.E., M.Phil., Ph.D.)
Materials Science and
Interdisciplinary Environmental Research,
Chemistry, State University of New
York, Stony Brook
Recent Group News:
- Prof. Orlov was selected by the National Academy of Engineering to participate in the Frontiers of Engineering Program (2013). The National Academy of Engineering Press release is here. University press release is here.
- Prof. Orlov was awarded NSF CAREER award to study biomimetic ceramics (2013). University press release is here.
- Prof. Orlov is elected Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry (2013). University press release is here.
- Our article on reactivity of sub-nm Au is in top 25 Articles in Applied Catalysis B: Environmental (Impact Factor: 6; 2013).
- Our research has been on highlighted on Stony Brook University web-page and in various electronic media outlets (2012).
- Our group has received a small grant from the US Department of Transportation on developing self-cleaning and air purifying transportation infrastructure components (2012)
- Together with John Parise (PI) and Artem Oganov we have received a new NSF grant on designing new materials for sustainable energy applications (2012). University press release is here.
- Together with Lori Skarlatos (PI) we have received a new educational grant on sustainable materials (2012).
- Together with Dr. Yan Li (co-PI, BNL) our group has received a joint grant on calculations of small clusters properties (2012).
- Our group has received a 3-year NSF grant to develop ceramics which can convert CO2 into fuels (2012).
- Congratulations to Shen Zhao for winning American Chemical Society Environmental Division Graduate Student Award and Sigma Xi travel award (2011).