Dr. ALEXANDER ORLOV, FRSC (B.E./M.S.E.,
M.S.E., M.Phil., Ph.D.)
Materials Science and
Interdisciplinary Environmental Research,
Chemistry, State University of New
York, Stony Brook
Recent Group News:
- Prof. Orlov was awarded NSF CAREER award to study biomimetic ceramics (2013). The University press release is here.
- Prof. Orlov is elected Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry (2013). University press release is here.
- Our article on reactivity of sub-nm Au is in top 25 Articles in Applied Catalysis B: Environmental (Impact Factor: 6; 2013).
- Our research has been on highlighted on Stony Brook University web-page and in various electronic media outlets (2012).
- Our group has received a small grant from the US Department of Transportation on developing self-cleaning and air purifying transportation infrastructure components (2012)
- Together with John Parise (PI) and Artem Oganov we have received a new NSF grant on designing new materials for sustainable energy applications (2012).
- Together with Lori Skarlatos (PI) we have received a new educational grant on sustainable materials (2012).
- Together with Dr. Yan Li (co-PI, BNL) our group has received a joint grant on calculations of small clusters properties (2012).
- Our group has received a 3-year NSF grant to develop ceramics which can convert CO2 into fuels (2012).
- Congratulations to Shen Zhao for winning American Chemical Society Environmental Division Graduate Student Award and Sigma Xi travel award (2011).